Dandruff - Nothing that a good shampoo won’t solve
Dandruff is a common skin condition that affects mainly the scalp. Symptoms are peeling of the skin and, in some cases, mild itching. Although it is not a serious health issue, it can be cause discomfort and, in some cases, it can be difficult to manage.
Dandruff can be oily, being associated with seborrheic dermatitis, or dry, and in this case possibly being a milder form of oily dandruff or it can simply mean a natural scaling of the scalp.
This condition is more prevalent in adolescents and adults, and it rarely occurs in children.
The most common manifestations are itching, the appearance of white dry particles
This peeling may be due to a faster renewal of the scalp cells or due to the use of aggressive products.
Dandruff can have several causes:
- Irritated oily skin
- Irregular hair wash
- Presence of fungi
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to hair products
Factors that can lead to the appearance of dandruff:
- Gender - male individuals have a higher incidence of dandruff, and male hormones may be involved in this fact
- Some diseases - pathologies that affect the nervous system and weaken the immune system.
How to put an end to dandruff
The best treatment for dandruff is the use of a good shampoo for frequent use that does not cause irritation to the scalp, eliminates flaking, and moisturises the scalp. When dandruff is more intense, you can use shampoos that contain salicylic acid, selenium, and ketoconazole.
When shampooing, be sure to massage the scalp, leave the shampoo on for at least 2 minutes and then rinse.
Tips for dandruff-free hair
- Avoid using too hot water - it will irritate and dry your scalp.
- Wash your hair frequently - dirty hair is more likely to have dandruff.
- Do not sleep with damp hair - moisture can lead to the appearance of fungi and consequently dandruff.
- Avoid the hair dryer and styling products - they can irritate the scalp and aggravate dandruff.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
Farmácia Distribuição Magazine
Também lhe poderá interessar